Day 54 Exciting Things to Come

BHRT Doug08 Cropped

Hey gang, Doug here again. Today I just want to thank everyone again for stopping by continually and give you a little peek into what to expect in the near future at JewelryMonk.com. I also need your help and input:

To give you a heads up, this is what to expect in the future:

First, I am in the middle of choosing a design logo for the JewelryMonk site, here are a few images. Please, if you don’t mind, look them over and let me know which one (or ones) you like. I am looking for something that captures what the site will be in the future. Just comment with the which one you like the best, 1,2,3,4, etc.

1.JewelryMonk1         2. JewelryMonk7

3.JewelryMonk2         4. JewelryMonk4

5.JewelryMonk6         6. JewelryMonk5

Second, there is a Podcast coming soon to talk about jewelry and to jewelers about different aspects of the craft. For some of you that are unfamiliar with what that is, it is an internet radio show that you can listen to at your convenience over the computer, via smart phone, and at your convenience whether at work, driving across town, or whenever.

logopodcast

If you notice, there is a new button to the right of this website that says “Send Voice-mail” if you click on this, you can send me messages, comments, and questions for the podcast. If I chose one of your questions, I will play your clip on the podcast and do my best to either answer the question, or find someone who can. Check it out!

Third, I am in the process of putting together a series of eBooks that will focus on different aspects of jewelry making like Soldering Basics, Stone Setting, Finishing, etc. These will be rolling out soon, let me know which one or ones that interest you and I will expedite them.

Last but not least, I also plan a Video Training Series in the near future along the same lines as the eBooks, with one on one consultation via email and Skype. Anything to help one another make better jewelry.

So, these are some of the things coming to you in the near future, so if you find value in this content, or if you like to keep an eye on the transformation of this site, make sure to Subscribe to this Blog Via Email (link in the upper right corner at www.JewelryMonk.com)

Thanks again for joining me on this journey, I really am excited to be here, and am just as excited to see where it will lead us…..

Take Care.

Doug, your JewelryMonk

Never Miss Any New Content

Subscribe to get our latest content by email.

Powered by ConvertKit

47 Responses to Day 54 Exciting Things to Come

1. Linda S July 24, 2014 at 7:10 am #

I prefer #2

2. Elaine July 24, 2014 at 7:21 am #

#2 also

3. Kim July 24, 2014 at 7:25 am #

I like 5

4. Dee July 24, 2014 at 7:37 am #

I also like # 2

• JewelryMonk July 24, 2014 at 7:39 am #

Thanks Dee. Kinda surprised. Haha

5. Jen July 24, 2014 at 7:38 am #

#2 — clean and clear and not trying too hard.

6. Vera July 24, 2014 at 7:47 am #

Sorry to have to vote “thumbs down” to all. They do not say “high quality” and lack sophistication. Because you will have a wide variety of products to apply the logo to, trying to squeeze content into the image probably won’t work. And “no” to clip art. Often companies use a type style (sometimes custom made, but not always) and a color scheme to carry out product recognition. Take a look at some products similar to yours with this in mind. And think of it like a line of jewelry… Good luck with your plan. I have loved everything you have written and look forward to what you have in store!

7. Kris Olsen July 24, 2014 at 7:49 am #

I like #3. It tells what you do. #2 is my least favorite.

8. Patricia Marrone-Alvarez July 24, 2014 at 8:41 am #

I guess I’m traditional, I like #2 the best. It is very clear, nice lettering and the “monk” is perfect!

9. debs July 24, 2014 at 9:33 am #

number 2

10. Tieast July 24, 2014 at 9:34 am #

I love #2. It was the first one out of all of them that caught my eye and resonated with you brand/name. If the “monk” could hammer something or hold a torch, that would be great too. Looking forward to all the exciting things to come.

11. Maggie Myers July 24, 2014 at 9:36 am #

I really like the monk design…..#2. To me it’s so appropriate with your name. Nice design, too.

12. Naomi July 24, 2014 at 11:09 am #

I’m not crazy about any of the logos, but I like #2 the best of the bunch. The others seem like they are trying to say too much and are cluttered and not elegant. I have a strong reaction agains the colors used in numbers 1, 3, 4 and 6. Number 5 is just okay.

13. Naomi July 24, 2014 at 11:13 am #

Also, I agree with Vera. Think about it as a brand and about what color scheme you would like to follow. If you choose #2 – will brown font play a major role in your brand? Will the typeface say JewelryMonk to anyone that sees it, even if they see it in a different context?

14. Diana July 24, 2014 at 11:18 am #

My vote, #2. Good luck!!!!

15. Cheryl Anastasi July 24, 2014 at 11:32 am #

Hi there…lots of creative ideas here!!! Really but surprise!!…I like #2 best!

I think it is both funny and classy (hard to do) and it shows a brand…I do agree that to even be more branded maybe tools should be somewhere in the picture although I’m not sure the monk should be using them…maybe?

The others sample logos are all nice color wise, creative etc… But #2 gives me more of a sense of your personality and I like that!

Cheryl

• JewelryMonk July 24, 2014 at 11:35 am #

Thank you Cheryl, that helps.

16. Troy July 24, 2014 at 2:27 pm #

#2 then 3, the others look too busy

17. Laura July 24, 2014 at 3:20 pm #

I have to agree with the majority in choosing #2, but I wonder if you can’t do something more stylized. I really think that the more simple a logo the better. Maybe something like a hammer and a torch crossed with the outline of the profile of a monk’s head between the tools.

• JewelryMonk July 24, 2014 at 3:24 pm #

Thanks Laura. This will just give me a direction to go in.

18. Beatriz July 24, 2014 at 7:09 pm #

I have to say none. Most of them are too busy, making the different elements hard to discern, and too technological.

19. Gerry July 24, 2014 at 9:31 pm #

#2……if you do try to add tools to it, be careful not to make the monk look like the grim reaper.

• JewelryMonk July 24, 2014 at 9:32 pm #

Haha. Thanks Gerry, I will consider that.

20. Lois July 24, 2014 at 10:37 pm #

Of the options, prefer #2.

• JewelryMonk July 24, 2014 at 10:53 pm #

Thanks for stopping by and commenting, Lois.

21. Beatriz July 25, 2014 at 8:46 am #

Doug, why did you choose the name “Jewelry Monk”? The answer could provide an interesting starting place for your logo.

• JewelryMonk July 25, 2014 at 8:53 am #

Good question, I thought it was kinda catchy, easy to remember, and says to me Jewelry, with an undertone of ethics and “life-lessons”, all of which I am in favor of.
      Thanks

• Beatriz July 25, 2014 at 2:25 pm #

I like that! Your logos, however, are going in the technological, modern, with a greater focus on media (the film and the mic) than on this softer, wiser side.

I have no idea what your spiritual beliefs are but would you feel comfortable using a version of a monastic symbol? In the European tradition, perhaps a styled rose window, stained glass window or a Celtic knot such as in the Book of Kells. If you prefer the Eastern outlook, perhaps a temple gate or a pagoda, a mandala or even a very simple begging bowl. In old Mesoamerican tradition, a knife and a still beating heart (yeah, maybe not). If you like, incorporate a metalworking tool in it or use the filmstrip as a background (just one or the other, I think, in order to keep it monastically simple).

And I leave you with this final image. Saint Eligius, Catholic patron saint of Jewelers, metalworkers and cabdrivers (one of these is not like the other). So bad ass he amputates the horse’s leg in order to reshoe it.

22. JewelryMonk July 25, 2014 at 3:49 pm #

Thank you Beatriz for your input. I definately want the logo to be simple, yet say something about what I do and who I am as a brand and as a person. Food for thought. Maybe just a horse leg for a logo?
    Thanks

• Vera July 25, 2014 at 4:14 pm #

Would like to throw out the thought that a strip of film is seriously out of date…nobody does that anymore.

• JewelryMonk July 25, 2014 at 4:36 pm #

Awesome thought Vera.

• Tinman July 26, 2014 at 8:42 pm #

Hi Doug, I like #2. have to have Monk on that logo. Like St Francis of Assisi…not only a giver but also a Great Teacher.