JewelryMonk Podcast Episode 17
Here is what’s new and what I have been up to in the past couple of months:
- In November I had to take a trip to China for some work, I had a great time and got to see and eat things that invigorated my senses.
- Right before I left on my trip, I resigned from my position with the company I was employed with, and started my own journey…… Upon returning from overseas, I launched my personal website devoted to consulting and training in Jewelry Manufacturers. I have been working in Jewelry factories for over 32 years, some of the largest in the world, and have a wealth of info to share., DougNapier.com was launched to enhance the JewelryMonk Industries family. (Image) I have been doing CAD work on the side as well, to keep the lights on.
The JewelryMonk Design Contest, was launched just before I left on my trip, and in early December, the winner was chosen. Jillian Logue’s design was picked, and I created a piece of jewelry from her design. I recorded the whole process from sketch, to finished piece, creating a model and a mold. She will receive her finished piece of jewelry, the model, the mold, and a video series that captures the whole process.
A Video Series will soon be available for sale that covers the whole process from drawing and wax carving, through casting, stone setting and polishing.
In this episode, I covered a Health Tip
Covering how to:
- Alter your perception: “If you truly want to reduce stress, you have to become the master of your mental and emotional state.”
- Communicate your thoughts: “If you have things in your personal relationships that are bothering you, be honest with people and relieve some of the burden.”
- Exercise Regularly: “Even though it’s a short amount of time to spare, staying consistent with exercise will allow you to clear your head, refocus on your priorities, and relieve the tension that stress adds to your life.”
- Cotton Balls, Q-Tips, Aspirin Cotton
- Red Rouge
- Gray Compound
- Valve Grinding Compound
I also added a fun story because it is not good to be serious all the time………
Cool Tool of the Week:
3D Digital Microscope QX800 HD High Resolution
As Always, if you find value in this content, or if you like to keep up to date on the goings-on here, make sure to Subscribe to the JewelryMonk Blog Via Email (link in the upper right corner of www.JewelryMonk.com) also if you know someone who makes jewelry, tell them about this site or The JewelryMonk Podcast. That means the world to me!
You can also follow JewelryMonk on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat,…. we are all over the place.
Now go make something shiny!
Never Miss Any New Content
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.